Got some feedback from you guys on and offline, thank you.
I’d especially like to thank Timothy Williamson, who commented with a view to making them more predatory. Which meant more putty work which meant.. gosh darnit’ I’ve got to revisit them because he made a Great Point(tm)
Naturally I turned to Photoshop.
Okay, lined up.. this looks like it may work..
Yup.. this has serious merit.
Well – I happen to have five of these Fenrisian Wolves, rejects from my first foray into trying to do these wolf riders.
Fast Attack Converting!
Timothy – thank you. Without your comment pushing me that bit further, I would have been content finishing these guys and being done with it.
Now I have the beginnings of real Wolf Riders on less massively sized mounts.
You can see the spinal fur I kept – this little touch brings enough detail to the rear legs that I think with minimal touch up is needed to bring across the hide elements when I add a few more hair tufts about the collar to blend everything.
Just awaiting an eBay shipment for the rest 🙂
This is why blogging is great – you gets feedback and it pushes you further than you felt safe with. Cheers!
Man, good thing I like converting or some folks might think me insane. 😉